PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PHI Nearly Loses Another S-76
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 10:53
flyingchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A++ plenty of power??????????????? hummm!

someone said: "The S76A++ has the engines of a C, but the max gross weight of an A, and thus lots of power available. It may have the best power/weight ratio of any S76 variant, and I've never come close to running out of power in one, even in the summer"....

a) the 76 a++s I flew, sweated like a whore in church in summer time, when flying it in GOM and you need to be well aware of what you're doing and where you're going or your feet will get wet....I personally haven't seen all this power available you were mantioning!!!!
b) PHI loves steep approaches, at least with a++'s!!! they fly it almost on the upper side of the dead man curve if you will.....better fat and slow than skinny and fast when you work off shore...agree?...within reasons...
c) **** happens...yes crew coordination, experience, good stickness and ops manual, will definitely help you to stay dry but lets not forget the conditions in GOM sometimes and specifically, (792P sounds to me like apache 2 or 3) some pilot tend to undervalue some type of sorties, just because they're considered of minor intrest and stationed in "bad locations" (fourchon)...so, HF or other factors?..da fight is on...