PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Morro for unga' - A380
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 08:49
Crossunder

Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is silly! But it is also very, very entertaining
I'll give this silly "discussion" a try:

I like the Boeing 737 because you can stall and crash it anytime you like. Our aircraft also have little stickers on the thrust lever quadrant indicating, with both arrows and text, that forward movement of the TLs will increase thrust. Interesting - in case we didn't know, I suppose!
Also, I find it very useful to know whether the flaps are in the 2 deg or 25 deg position (as opposed to just 1, 2, 3 etc.). Ehrrr...Not!
The cluttered cockpit is a remarkably poor design. Well done!
Other nice features:
1. On the CL you get three red warning lights when the TLs are retarded for descend - regardless of altitude and speed. Why, I will never know.
2. With flaps extended, you get an annoying aural gear warning horn; again, regardless of speed and altitude. Two great cry-wolf features!
3. Boeing makes you pay through the nose to connect the two onboard GPS' to the FMC. Hence, we fly on IRS/RNAV only on the CL. And, of course, on the CL you better not manually tune and use the NAV receivers: You'll end up losing P-RNAV accuracy (no GPS and no independent auto-tuning). All in the interest of flight safety, of course.

The NG is slightly improved, but is still suffering from american anti-Airbus syndrome, too many lawyers involved, and too many ultra-conservative patriotist-americans behind the drawing tables. They still haven't managed to install modern, FMC-digitally-integrated nav-/com-radios, the stall management - yaw damper computer sucks, a huge pretzl-on-a-stick protrudes up from the floor, noisy flight deck (what the hell were they thinking, installing those recirculation fans???). Then there is the rudder story, and let's not forget the new NG fuel pump location and increased risk of running dry, overheating and blowing up the entire aircraft! I could go on for ages

This is sooo much fun!