PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 31st Mar 2009, 13:37
manny fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it is a purely ac point of view, but also rumblings from TC guys. Maybe it is a little unfair as on some sectors they have more to do. But on AC sectors, esp Central/south banks. I would say 95% of there jobs is putting the strips out, and nothing more. The ATSAs who only work on the wings(FIR- are worth there weight in gold), are on a great wage, older ones over £40000, with some getting great redundancy money £80000 plus. My wife works long hours for the NHS, and is constantly busy, and gets no where near that sort of money. I then see an ATSA sat next to me, reading the newspaper, and sighing when the printer prints a strip. They are usuallly oblivious to the planner and tac working their butts off. Apart from some who do other tasks, I think they are grosely overpaid, for the service they provide.
How about last August bank holiday. A notoriously busy day in Air Traffic. I am working like crazy, and the ATSA is an overtimer. The ATSA is getting triple time, and it works out they are getting close, if not more than I am getting paid. She is doing the crossword.

Last edited by manny fred; 31st Mar 2009 at 13:47. Reason: and another thing