PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sh*fted!!
Thread: Sh*fted!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2002, 07:40
Ghostflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what an Aerobatfink is but anyway: Aptitude tests are not studied for, they are inherent qualities of individuals. It is unlikely you had a bad day but more likely that the tests showed you were unsuitable for the role. That said, try again, bleat make a pain in the ass of yourself. It really can't hurt, what have you got to lose. The other tack is to get into the Navy and then try for a Branch change, a risky strategy but possible.

If that doesn't work go Civvy and although you won't be able to regale (sp?) the hosties with deeds of deering do, you will be able to smile brightly at the ex-navy mate in the right hand seat, that is 5 years older than you and earning half as much. It will be fun to watch him bantering the girls who are of course all desperate to shag a bald, grey old git whose hair got rubbed off by a 10b. (Note to self, break the mirror!)

I had snags getting GD(P) for medical reasons. I had passed all the aptitude tests though. I joined had a nose op done and was on my way. At every turn I asked myself 'What is the worst that can happen?' 'I might not get a fast jet seat; sh*t, I haven't got one now anyway.' The point is you have nothing to lose and all to gain so try your best but if it doesn't work out go civvy coz that is where you will probably end up in 16 years time anyway. Ok, the dream has been extinguished but you can buy some very nice dreams on 70k/year in a few years time.

Ghost