PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Darke to be re-elected!!! Vote
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2002, 23:31
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear MERV,

Thanks for spending even more of our money demonstrating once again not only your arrogance towards the membership, but your ignorance toward a fair election process. It would have been a more gracious thing to have sent nothing, than waste our money(again) trying to justify what was obvious to all BALPA members, your election rigging attempt. A the very least it should have been a letter issued by the lawyers concerned , not another MERV free CD RANT.

Besides, an apology would have been preferred stating that although no laws were broken he had shown an error in judgement by sending out such a letter prior to an election and was sorry for upsetting the membership. His one line JF plug about being a fully paid up member has done little to redress the imbalance of the 2page CD plug received previously.

The fact that a legal case may have been difficult to prove(which I doubt in the first place) does not lessen the fact that in all practicality the letter was an outrageous faux pas. How many people here think former Pres.B.CLINTON, "Did not have sex with that women", or did not try drugs because he "didn't inhale".

I also am slightly cynical without info regarding which lawyer's were in fact consulted. How many members here would be satisfied if it was in fact a BALPA Association lawyer that had found that there was no breach of Rule24 of it's own Assoc.Chairman? Nothing like Investigating your own crimes is there. It would be a bit like getting Hilters's SS to Investigate whether to prosecute for war crimes.

My faith in our Union HEAD OFFICE(not local CC's) is detriorating rapidly after this last MERV Special Update. Three questions;
1. When is Merv up for Re-Election ?
2. Can we really say that "an irregularity(or maybe BALPA's lawyers consider this a regularity for this Union, hence the legality issue) has not occurred that could materially affect the Ballot Results." (Rule 24)
3. Who here thinks our Clintonesque(Non-Inhaling, celibate) Assoc.chairman Merv should resign?

Last edited by airrage; 3rd May 2002 at 11:09.