PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots get staff travel downgrade
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 21:34
Tercarley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why BA are only letting retired staff have the same amount of time elegible for staff travel affects a lot of people that took early retirement and helped the company and other staff below them gain seniority quicker.

When people joined as far as Im aware we were all told it was staff travel concessions for life and along comes Willie Walsh and changes the rules!!!!

Pensioners ( who have a lower priority than serving staff anyway) are the very people that use their staff travel as much as they can and often. Also buy the hotline tickets etc etc and of course its usually a standby situation on subload tickets.

Looking at the BA results in the paper in the last few weeks I would think that there should be some long and hard thinking about imposing this set of rules on pensioners. I would think that any money is better than none and as we all have to use the internet anyway we're hardly taking anyones time up - like when we had paper tickets.!!!!!!

Also as I joined another company after I left BA that give me staff travel I am in the position of being able to use BA through ZED fares, which is ridiculous. I cant have staff travel through the company that I worked for for virtually all my flying life but I can with one that I worked for a short time.

Last edited by Tercarley; 28th Mar 2009 at 21:38. Reason: Addition of facts