PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2009, 02:55
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We didn't think BD/BMI would go this far thou!!

To be honest I think BD/BMI have got off 'Lightly' with the LBIA Management.

If I was the manager of LBIA, I would have told them to pull out altogether, Or maintain the long established LHR route!!

LBIA management, For some reason have always been a 'Bit weak' & a 'Bit weird' business wise (Too Nice) when dealing with airlines, So I am not surprised that they have accepted BD/BMI's decison without a 'Fight'

BD/BMI have simply kicked 40 or so years of trade into touch without any 'Proper consultation' whatsoever!!

Because they are obsessed with LHR so much, DTV & other airports have also had the carpet pulled away from them!!

But BD/BMI will realise when they have 3 or more of their aircraft holding daily for R27 or whatever burning more fuel.

Adding aircraft to an even more 'Congested' 2 runways, LHR can only handle so many aircraft (saturation point) safely.

I don't think BD/BMI have even taken into consideration the event of any outbreaks of violence or war in the middle east, If that happens then those 'Lucrative' slots that they are using the ex LBIA, DTV etc slots for will be not in use?

If BD/BMI could not make any 'Suitable' money on the LHR route, Then that's wasn't the airport's making, BD/BMI should have reduced their fares a long time ago when the likes of Nat Ex & GNER were selling seats for less than half the fare BD/BMI were asking sometimes one-way.

BD/BMI must have seen all this coming years ago?

People were not going to pay 68.00 one-way or whatever when they could go on a return for that by coach or by rail.

The GNER service is excellent and is a fast connection direct to Kings X, When you add up the flight time 45 min + the tube 25 -35 min into the city I would say there is not much in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MAN flight finishes next?

Together Sir M Bishop & Nigel Turner have 'Ruined' one of the remaining British made airlines that we have left operating!!

But SMB is not bothered now, He will get 'Paid Off' by his German friends!

And probably 'Turner' will follow or get 'Penshioned Off'

I wish I had a 'Dartboard, Don't you? Lol

RIP 'The Diamond Service DC9'