PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTC in trouble?
Thread: PTC in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2009, 02:50
JohnDCFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTC

Just to add my tuppence worth. I read through these forums once in a while as a casual observer and I am currently a student with PTC Florida, completing my ATPL/hours build course.

While I have had some issues with PTC since starting my training with them, overall, the product they offer is very good, and is improving all the time. In fact, one thing that I admire about them as an FTO is their constant desire to improve the course (Im on the Airline Pilot Training Course) and make it as complete an experience for the student as possible.

The move to Melbourne has, IMHO, been a great one. The ATPL groundschool is continually improving and although its not perfect, it is a work in progress that I have no doubt will continue to get better.

You will always get positive and negative opinions about an FTO. I can only talk about my opinion/experiences with the FTO. What I can also say is that to be fair, Mike Edgworth and his team are very approachable and pro-active. This, for me, is something that is very positive in terms of the student experience at the school.

It is also worth mentioning the recent 'Fly Out' to New Orleans, which was a great experience for all who took part and the team at PTC Florida deserve great credit for putting that program together. Aparently, that was the first in a series of events...hopefully there is another one before I leave FL!

If you are contemplating a career in aviation, or choosing PTC, I would say by all means, shop around and get what is best for you.

I would have no hesitation in recomending PTC as an FTO, as long as you are prepared to put in the effort and work with them. Sure, they are not perfect, but who is? You will probably hear of nightmare stories from other students, and that is fair enough, like me, they are entitled to their opinion.

That should not take away, however, from the hard work that goes on behind the scenes at PTC in Waterford and Florida, which whatever you opinion, cant be argued with.

Anyway, I hope this helps, particulalry for those who maybe considering PTC as an option for their training.