PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 ways to improve Avalon Airshow
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2009, 03:57
IcePaq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invite a multiplayer combat flight sim company like Warbirds or Aces High to set up a few machines logged into existing arenas that exist full of people just waiting to shoot you down.

I would love to see this at an airshow.

It would be beneficial to both the show and the flight sim operator.

I've been doing it since 1995 or so and haven't stopped yet.

Most offer a month free but there are "free arenas" run in countries out of reach from patent and copywright enforcement if you desire to spend more time getting good before heading to the big time of the pay arenas.

The advantage of the pay arenas is that they are policed against hacks and cheaters as well as hosting very realistic historic scenarios with sometimes hundreds of other people in the air with you.

You won't see planes moving like they are agent smith in the matrix movies in the pay arenas but it is relatively common in the free ones.

The physics models are great, the damage models are great, and the action is addictive.

Free Massively Multiplayer Flight Combat Simulator and Tank Combat Simulator

Welcome to Aces High II

If any dare show up there, I will gladly give your airframe the pepperidge I so love to dish out.

No, I don't work for these guys.........I manage an automotive ECU/PCM rebuild facility.