PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 19:41
silverstreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Davidjason6...

I didnt say as such that a 'merger' with IB was bad (maybe it will be for IB)

Pensions? Whos fault is that?

Finance for a new fleet? Afterall, not so long ago, BAs status was downgraded by Standard and Poors! Again, whos fault is that? If this were a football team, the manager would have been sacked, and his boardroom staff. Poor guidance, management, and all the other adjectives you care to mention.

Come on. Yes the airline is in a semi-healthy state (just), but whos running the show. Willie Walsh. I rest my case. Time for a new vision and a strategy that will sort out PENSIONS and the other gremlins that seem to continually grind down the company. Its the same old excuse after excuse. The pension situation isnt going to go away quietly, so deal with it. If it means a drastic cut in everything BA do, then so be it - it must be tackled and now. (Theres NO silverwear left to sell, offload or pass over). Maybe then BA might find itself in a position to attract a partner.

All Iam saying is that for all the years past, BA have had chances to cement relationships with other carriers and just screwed them up, one after the other. What else is there to say... They ALL cant be wrong...

BA needs to resize (downwards in the interim if required), regroup and lay out what they really want to do, who they want to be with, sort out ALL their financial issues then hit the ground running. No point being the biggest and 'best' if your running scared from the pension crisis and other issues.