PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Dubai - The missing info.
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 17:34
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

SNAM - Thanks... that's what I was going to respond with too.

long-gonner & skyflyer737 - It seems very much the case that the 'initial' tranche of pilots are:
  1. Captains (indeed I'm seemingly surrounded by folks with substantial experience in all the aforementioned areas... and a nicer bunch you'd be hard pressed to find!) - that said, given the timescales, there is likely to be more direct entry LHS (which of course is why it's being advertised) but I do know that the boss is very keen on promoting from within, when / where possible.
  2. F/O's with substantial experience already (including previous Command / LHS experience, albeit on perhaps a small jet / turboprop), almost certainly being picked with a view to 'fast-track' them into the LHS. But also that "Significant experience in B737EFIS/NG may be considered in lieu of 500 hours PIC requirement".
With the envisaged level of growth at FD, it would seem prudent to get ones name down asap, on the basis that (sooner or later) the pool of experienced people will dry-up (plus first come, first served)... and there's always the chance one might just get lucky?!

Nb. It' almost certainly the case that the selection criteria is not just about how many hours one has on this or that aircraft... it's the whole person that's being looked for.... so gawd only knows how I slipped through?!