PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA and JQ
Thread: AIPA and JQ
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 04:23
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Excuse me if I have a bit of a giggle here.

Human nature...what a joke.

Fact: Of the 500 or so QF guys who were in AIPA at the start, approximately 120 remain. That's out of 2500 current QF pilots.

Call it 5%.

We have people on this thread who are tarring 95% of QF pilots, people like yourselves who are generally apolitical and simply wish to make a quiet way in life, and blaming them for the current state of the piloting profession in Australia.

Fact: Jetstar pilots are joining AIPA in droves. If the current recruitment numbers continue for just a couple more months then the magic 50% + 1 will be reached. These people are joining AIPA for reasons unrelated to the attitudes of the fossilised die-hards we see who can't get their minds out of the late 70's. They don't care about what happend 25-30 years ago... they see that things have changed and disunity is death.

Times have changed. Industrial landscapes have changed. Personalities have changed.

Attitudes need to change or there will be nothing left but pleasant memories of the "Good ol days".

Build a bridge, get over it. AusALPA, AFAP or AIPA I don't care. As long as there is ONE organisation that stops the rot. Think ahead lads... not what happened back in 1981!