PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 24th Mar 2009, 19:15
FOD_FATHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, i would also gauge house prices to be a reasonable and likely indicator of a households expendable cash thus the UK's economy and therefore an airline's profitability.

In which case, my next question is which courses/school? and is modular really the way forward?

I have interviews/selection for CTC and OAA both next month. This is for full time on-site based courses - shall i tell them "no thank you, but see you in 3 years time?"

On an economic note, I have never known a time where the idea of air travel was more prevalent and rife than it is now. With package holidays and prices of flights becoming increasingly competitive and the emergence of cheaper oil/fuel (oil futures) - when coupled with the sheer volume of people just wanting to throw in the towel and escape the UK holiday (over worked families)/travel (unemplyable grads)/permanently relocate (the disgruntled!!) surely this surge is helping somewhat to bolster the airline's balance sheets - after all they cant be operating in the red when they fill all the seats - can they?

p.s. this also works the other way round - as the prospect of foreigners visitng the UK increases due to advantageous exchange rates - again the airlines should be in line to benefit...?

Perhaps we can all spend our way from this mess?!!

(a foolish believer...)