PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 24th Mar 2009, 17:55
FOD_FATHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friendly welcome?

Hello all,

I am new here and having read thoroughly (more or less) this entire thread i have one simple question - mostly aimed at those who seem to be in the know e.g. WWW et al.

When?

Having endured (and i mean endure!) as a graduate in the financial services for the past 1.5 years - i have now decided to leave the rat race having realised that no one (short of being a disgraced bank chief) will make money there these next few years.

Disgruntled?

Only slightly... I have managed to accrue some valuable experience and contacts in finance and have even managed to pay half of my student loan back as well as saving a tidy £20,000 - all whilst maintaining most of my integrity and bearing fostered by my alma mata (the #1 UAS)

So being a recent graduate + 2.5 years UAS experience (60-70 hours grob + wings) and £20,000 in the bank earning close to negative interest - when do you recommend i take up OAA and 'follow the dream' ???

I should throw this in here now, a friend of mine left to study OAA 1.5 years ago and after months of interviews scored a wonderful job at a recognised airport flying routes into europe - evidence that there is hope for anyone tenacious enough to go toe to toe with the interview boards!!

p.s. any advice on what my flying options are are ofcourse welcome!

Last edited by FOD_FATHER; 24th Mar 2009 at 18:06. Reason: identity