PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 24th Mar 2009, 15:00
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bitmore I agree overall he hasn't been good for the industry but as I said its a bit stupid to blame one man in this whole state of affairs.

The attack on pilots conditions started well before MOL came on the scene and unfortunately it started with the arrival of accountants in airlines. Look at the US after deregulation of the market. The current pilot market in the states is woeful and we have that to look forward to! Its probably fortunate that its taken so long to get here but slowly but surely we are heading that way. We even have new names for furloughing! Pay for type rating and line training etc all have been in the states for ages are now commonplace here now as well.

Who to blame? Pilots for allowing it to happen or management for doing what their employees allowed them to do, or passengers for wanting the cheapest possible seat at all costs? Or perhaps wannabes willing to sell their soul for the fabled chance to sit in a jet or FTO's for selling a dream at ridiculous costs so that the guy then had no option but to take the only offer on the table?

If you could answer that you would be a great man. Personally I think we all have to share some of the blame!

Now as WWW said back to topic.

PS WWW good job on trying to teach the new guys on the perils of spending mum and dads houses on dreams sold by a car salesman