PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 14:52
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is Chuks, actually...

Only one "c" because it is short for something African and much longer. Never mind that now, though!

An alert reader asks "Why am I here?" Good question, well put. Check back just a few posts and you will see that I passed along the reaction to this sort of thing, all this speculation and mud-flinging, even, on AOL Deutschland. That is about it, really.

I am an avid reader of accident reports, often getting something from them that I can use, going by that maxim that we should learn from the mistakes of others because we will never have the chance to make them all ourselves. Well, that or it might be that many mistakes are deadly, with the mistake-maker ending up dying as a consequence!

I enjoy a bit of dialogue, discussion, whatever but this post-accident stuff often starts as rumour-mongering and narrow-minded argument from preconceptions and then somehow manages to go downhill from there!

This is "thread drift" so that I shall now gather up my petticoats and disappear before I get chucked out, leaving you all to the dissection of this accident. Perhaps we should get together sometime in 2010 to see what the official report says.