PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 13:13
GearDown&Locked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, allow me some surfing on the off-thread wave for a little while.

I just can't understand some people here…
Just as long as your reading abilities aren’t impaired by any circumstance and your brain is still able to filter the information that suits your curiosity from the background noise, and if it’s not too difficult to read all the posts in the thread, what is really the problem?

I can dispense some reading techniques for those who have trouble in finding the right answers to their questions, but basically it all comes down to find that half-a-dozen long time ppruners with excellent credibility (proven along their pprune existence over the years) in between the surrounding clutter, but allowing the eye to drift for those posts belonging to unknown users, or those whose participation is scarce, because sometimes there is good and sensible information there. Others are just silly and make you laugh. All the rest is bypassed or ignored.

All in all it takes minimal effort to do this type of positive filtering, with the bonus hard work of the mods, cleaning after a lot of poo-poo posts. So what’s the big deal!

These people could criticize Leo Tolstoy about the length of War & Peace. Ah bless ‘em.

GD&L