PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Boeing Revises 787 First Flight and Delivery Plans- Again
Old 24th Mar 2009, 07:57
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GB

My source is not on the 787 program, but walks past it literally everyday.........close enough lets say!

Denabol
As for the comments in post no.2 there well I know some of those comments are true, however I can not be sure of the comments about the Italians. Having said that, I deal with some Italian companies.......and.....he may be right there too!

The first flight is due in April, and is likely to happen, I think towards the end of the month. I am sure they will be in the media then with plenty of hype.

I do believe they will make it work, its just a quantum leap from making tin planes so its a lot of learning the hard way. I can not remember the hours quoted but the man hours at Everett are remarkably low for assembly when it gets up to production. However they have spent their million man hour so far and nothing has flown yet so it will need to be pretty slick to build in order to win back all that.

J