PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Road Angel Adventurer 7000 + Memory Map CAA Charts
Old 24th Mar 2009, 06:32
DBo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Angel.

I have a Road Angel 7000. For road use its fine, but not as nice as a Tom Tom or a Garmin. For VFR flying its excellent. I have a moving map that's just like the map on my knee for under £200. Programming a route is simple. It only does "North up" but you can move your location anywhere on the screen and the map will scroll past you, and having a map that looks like a CAA chart is much easier than having a Jeppesen chart. It'll easily do an hours flight on its internal battery or plug into an accessory socket.

The downside is that if you want anything other than a moving map (i.e location and speed) then the information windows are large and cover a lot of map.

Buy the cheapest 7000 you can find and load the Memory Map software from their website. The Adventurer is exactly the same hardware but has the MM software and the OS maps already loaded (which is fine if you want the OS maps - but £50 wasted if you don't.

After seeing mine 3 other guys on the strip went down to Argos and bought one.

Dave