PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air
Thread: Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 19:57
CS737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just did my interview with KAL, and I must say that there is not much negative to say.
Things went as they said they would, but indeed one must never go into a verbal fight. Travel to ICN went well in Prestige Class, tax paid by me, tix paid by KAL.
After checkin at Hyatt, I was given food vouchers, bus tickets and Sim info.

I had a sim check that followed the stated profile. My partner did not follow KAL demands, and he was sent home. We became 4 737:s out of 12 to the interview.
Next day was medical at KAL medical center at HQ. A lots of checks; blood press during rest and during Treadmill, ears (several tests), eyes (usual tests) blood (liver, colesterol etc, etc), urine, abdominal check and chest x-ray. Also a several page document should be filled out. This session ended with a visit to the doctor. Here the ones who needed to retake any test(s) was notified.
Lunch and then a taxi to the hospital. A quick check of the teeth, and the same about ears, nose, throat.
Finally, some 5 checks on my eyes. The whole day was gone after these many tests and checks. I would say everything was done except "the rubber glove"...
Third day was the interview. It started out with all of us was given 100 000 Kwon!
Left all the required paper work that I should bring. Then the interview, 4 gentlemen across a large conference table, 1 american and 3 koreans from KAL, both pilots and HR-reps. General questions as well as aviation questions. They want to see how you appear, your attitude and ability to answer the questions.
We had a few laughs actually, and I felt quite relaxed.

The setup can be in a different order.

I am not notified yet, but I really did like the whole thing. As an expat, they do not want us to do anything else but to fly according to their procedures. Fair enough!
Not one expat who I spoke to wanted somewhere else! Regardless of type. All discussions about doing it "the KAL way", drop it, it is no different from any other Airline! I have yet to find an Airline who will change their procedures after new guys.

If you are not ready to follow their way or culture, donīt go!

Good Luck!