PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 04:16
NatRpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh no... I'm not financially capable of paying off every training fee and college fee I incurr. I have to apply for scholarships, financial aids, and even loans just to finance myself. I even have a job on the campus to earn some allowances. And yes, I do agree with Airbus_380 about FAA's licenses not being recognized by other international airliners. Which I find it weird with global travel being so common nowadays, there should be a set of global standards for aviation everywhere.

Well that aside, like I said in my previous post I am not really pursuing a job in the airline industry. I won't mind trying it out but that is not my final goal in flying. Also I try not to narrow my options in the aviation industry by just focusing on being an airline pilot. I would rather open more "doors" for myself by taking up different flight category trainings (single-engine land and sea, multi-engine land and sea, ATP, helicopter, etc). Why settle for just being an airliner pilot? There are tons of aviation jobs out there other than airliner pilots (and military pilots - only for RSAF where their pilots are overrated) I know that airline pilot jobs are glamorous like military pilots but are you (I'm referring to the pilot-wannabes) able to shoulder the responsibilities of having hundreds of lives in your hands when you take the airline planes into the sky? Most air traffic accidents that had been investigated mostly had ruled pilot error to be the causes. Can you deal with that? If not, try looking into other aviation jobs or other jobs with lesser responsibilities.

I'm sorry that my posts seem to be discouraging pilot-wannabes about flying. But I have seen lots of people who want to learn flying at the beginning, only to give up halfway and complaint about it wasting their time, effort, and money when they could have invested in other stuffs. I am truly disgusted with those kinds of people. If you do have a passion for flying, find the determination to go all the way till the end regardless of the time, effort, and money needed or have thrown in. Don't be a loser and back out halfway.