PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour - Unpaid Leave for CX Groundstaff
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 16:17
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS

I don't know why, but you seem to have a hard time reading my posts. For goodness sake man, I feel as if I'm arguing with my wife.

I didn't say "I" thought the Company was in survival mode! I said:

"The Company feels it is in survival mode. You may disagree, but that is their perception. They will then act accordingly."

It doesn’t matter what you and I think, only what they think.

You've been here 16 years, and I've been here 18, so we've both been down this road a few times already. I've been at the receiving end of several past downturns, as have you. I guess that's why I agree with just about everything you said in your last few posts (except your misquoting me).

What gets up my nose is the perception that some of us are gleefully anticipating that some among our ranks will lose their jobs, while they on the other hand will sail happily along. There's just something creepy and dishonorable about the tone of some of the posts I've been reading. However you candy-coat it, whether it's from the bottom of the seniority list, extendees, whatever....something about the tone of some posters gets my back up.

I believe the AOA is in a no-win situation here. It can please the junior pilots, or it can please the senior pilots, but it can't please both. Who do you think wins in this environment? Unless we pull together...it won't be any of us.

Do I have the answer to this dilemma? No. But for the time being, my personal strategy is to support the AOA, as I always have, and hope they can find a solution.

Oh, damn...I think I can hear my wife calling me..."OK honey, I'm almost done. I'll be right there..."

Last edited by raven11; 21st Mar 2009 at 16:29.