PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour - Unpaid Leave for CX Groundstaff
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 03:45
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Survival mode!!!
let me see.......capacity up by 13% on last year, load factors still up around 80% ( even after cancelling 80 flts last week ), pax numbers around 50,000 per day, fuel price low meaning SAVING around 15 to 20 BILLION over the year ( more than wiping out the hedging losses ) and you think we are in Survival mode!!!

More like "lets get the staff terrified, and at the same time make them take a big pay cut" mode

Get a grip and don't believe all they spin.

I've been here 16 years and this is not the first downturn I've seen.

Remember KB after the post SARS 5.5 Billion HKD profit "we weren't expeting such pent up demand for travel"

If I had a dollar for each time CX complained about forward bookings I'd be a rich B scaler!!

chill fellas and sit on ya hands.

I'm not saying ( and never have ) we wont escape this unscathed, all I'm trying to say is don't believe all you read from CX ( Swire ) They love to take advantage of situations like this to change their staff's COS packages.

Maybe they will "force" unpaid leave down our throats with threats, possibly as they've done that before.

If things are really that bad then anyone "not on our seniority list" should go first. ( ie the extendee, part time, temporary Captains call them what you will )

Until I see CX giving them a DCM I wont believe we are doomed.

Last edited by ACMS; 21st Mar 2009 at 04:57.