PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2009, 12:29
daisy120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roger and...out?

Allow me to apologise to all the professional aviators out there that may be offended by the use of the word, "deviant". The intent was to instigate debate and was not an absolute. 411 and Roger seem to demonstrate the art of today's cockpit process which certainly isn't of the lateral kind...but hey.
To suggest that the over regulation, in itself has been the cause of lessening hull losses, misses the point. Regulatory bodies are a necessary strata in the layers of this business but as most of us know, it has now got way beyond regulation with purpose and more like super regulation to empire build. Try negotiating the crew security channel at LHR? Even the plastic bags that contain the gells and liquids and other gases of mass destruction have to be 'approved'. Shoes, belts, coins et al...get em off and screened! Pablo was making a very sane point about security...that its out of control;
yep..I have been in the industry for a while, baby pilot to old fart and yep, seen it all too. sadly, its changed for the worse and one of the reasons has been the lack of voice and teeth to match. Pilots have tugged the forelock and accepted. Accepted unsafe FTL's, unsafe crew quals,(MPL???) and latently unsafe aircraft,(777 and the RR icing issues is just one example). It just takes the biscuit that there are those of you out there that want to take it all a step further and iron out the 'personalities'....shame really but I guess that's the way the business is going. You have control.