PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 11:07
The Real Slim Shady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 days ago one of our FOs, I have flown with him several times, and his partner got on board to go Spain; we saw them walking out of departures and nabbed a couple of good seats for them.

When they were on board he brought his missus up front to see the "office"; she hadn't had the opportunity before to see visit his place of work.

In our company we are allowed by the Ops Manual to offer the flightdeck seats to passengers travelling on staff tickets accompanied by the staff member.

So I asked the FO if they were travelling on staff tickets: he had bought the tickets from the website, hence I had to apologise and say that I would have let his missus in the flightdeck but wasn't allowed as they were on regular tickets.

The FO certainly isn't a security risk, nor is his missus, but the rules are quite clear, hence I don't have any discretion to modify them.

Unless Pablo can produce a procedural flaw in the process of his case, he will be hard pressed to achieve a result in his favour. If he does gain a verdict in his favour it is extremely unlikely that the company would reinstate him.