PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 10:11
Freehills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I think it perhaps a little simplistic to compare Mr Masson with Bud Holland. Holland had a record of endangering aircraft and flying them outside their envelopes. Are you saying that Mr Masson has such a record? Or is he just a good pilot who has issues with authority stupidly used? I don't know, I wasn't there, and I don't know him.

Long before 911 I believed that all public transport aircraft should have lockable cockpit doors, and that was while my children and I enjoyed several very fine cockpit visits. Was Mr Masson's infringement a real risk to safety or just an excuse to get rid of an inconvenient annoyance?

Would I rather fly with a Masson or a 3,000 hr newly promoted captain who sticks rigidly to the rules but maybe is untested in adversity? I don't really know."
People are saying that he had such a record, including crashing an aircraft in the RAF by flying outside the envelope. One would have hoped that a pilot who had "seen the elephant" in this way & been tested by adversity would actually be more careful in the way he acted to others.

Stripping in public, deliberately breaking SOPs and rules, and, from the gist of it, acting as someone who doesn't think rules should apply to him. I know who I would rather drink with (but probably for just one session, the anecdotes tend to repeat with these types) and I know who I would rather fly with. They would not be the same.