PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 08:59
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re The mud slung at the FO;

Perhaps the company knew just how PM treated his colleagues and made due allowance for the fact that even if the FO had dared to speak up he would probably have been over-ruled anyway.

Many a flight safety issue has arisen in the past from such behaviour, I just hoped that in these days of CRM, SOPs et al we had finally driven ego bound buffoons out of the flight deck.

As a young FO I regularly flew with one such "character". He was brought to heel when a deputation of FOs took a letter signed by every FO on the fleet to management. The aeronautical equivalent of the black spot sorted the problem. A much chastened captain approached us individually and apologised. Like most I was happy to accept, some gave him their true opinions of him and one met him in the car park. Captain was off sick for 5 weeks after that chat.

PM may think he is a character, and may take joy in fighting management,
but I doubt he spared a single thought for any of his colleagues who could so easilly be tarred by his brush. I have a need for a new P1 at the moment, PM needn't apply. I would be deeply concerned about what he was up to as soon as he got on the crew buss.