PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Violation of Controlled Airspace
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2009, 06:53
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Devil

Gooday Bob

I wonder why you are so defensive about this?

Maybe its the Warbird boys then!

My $2.50 bet was not a big one you will notice, not like it was I bet a $1M on it mate so settle petal!

I have to agree with BN APP about the standards of RAA around our neck of the woods. We have very strong and high standards of RAA training around the Brisbane area, and as a rule it would be highly unlikely for them because they are taught to avoid it and know how to. Some GA folk and its interesting to note its not the light end of the spectrum were less guilty (maybe for the same reasons) may be used to flying around a lot and become complacent. This sounds reasonable.

But the thread was started by someone who is very much not in the Brisbane area, and when I have seen and heard many of the things from the RAA folk about what you can do and get away with...........its worth risking my $2.50 on Bob.

So as you are so far superior in all these matters how about you tell us exactly who the repeat offender was on the mid coast of NSW?

As for the thoughts on ADSB........I think you have made me change my mind completely on the topic! Of course many of your friends would hate to think they were mandated 100% and no subsidy. But to be fair I now think thats what we should have. I bet the ATC folk on this thread would not object one bit!

ohh and ........
... seems out of place here, but unchallenged and some folk need reminding that there was NEVER a "subsidy" only a recommendation by a think tank of "dreamers and enthusiasts" and any push for it's premature introduction at low level WILL need a mandate for it to work to its full potential at considerable cost to GA.
you are a bit slow today mate.......... did I not say......
if only the low level ADSB mandate and subsidy got up
...... its only a subsidy when the cash gets handed over, and it never got up.....so that meant the subsidy was a recommendation....... you really are struggling for stuff to debate!

J

PS
Has it ever occurred to you that some ATPL's may think the same about you.
Mate maybe they do, but I know a number think worse of the author of the above. And I am sure you already knew this, but a very large number of RAA members are in fact current and or recently retired ATPL holders, and they are not the problem. Maybe you do not get to see the problems. Some of these ATPL holders are also very vocal about our fellow aviators and their practices, and I do my damned best to avoid being one who is negligent and ignorant of airmanship. Not saying I am perfect either, but geez some of these folk should take their hobbies a bit more seriously. I could name at least 6 well known ppruners off the top of my head who have shared these same thoughts with me, and some have voiced them here...... just not sure if they want their pprune names listed or not so I will refrain. Go out around the traps with your rose tinted glasses off and see what I mean. Ohh and yes, some VH tails are just as bad just so you think I am not RAA bashing as some form of prejudice. I do have a foot in both camps.