PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2009, 07:25
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pablo, as has been mentioned, seems a larger than life character who made 2 mistakes; first he flew Wartons' wonder bomber, second he upset people who - quite rightly - felt inferior !
Some of you here may not know this: He not only flew Warton's wonder bomber, he also crashed one at the cost of several £m to the budget of Her Maj's flying club. He mishandled it at low level - something to do with forgetting to sweep the wings forward if my memory serves me correctly. Mistake number 3?

I didn't know him but I knew of him. I came across him a few times when I was on the swing-wing wonder-bomber. He wrote two books about his RAF career, both of which I read out of curiosity. I found them to be seriously cringe-worthy. The tone of them probably summed up the man. NSF (post 153) said he was a "legend" at Laarbruch. Legend he may have been to his fans but I'm afraid I thought him a pompous, self-opinionated and self-loving fool. Like "Maverick" in the film Top Gun, you wouldn't want him on your squadron. That said, if the tribunal finds that he had been ill-treated by MYT I wish him good luck because there is one thing about which he may well be right: We are led and managed by idiots these days.

Addendum: I've just read post 79. It seems his crash has already been mentioned. Memo to self - read everything before typing!

Last edited by Wingswinger; 18th Mar 2009 at 07:48. Reason: Addendum