PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 ways to improve Avalon Airshow
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2009, 06:58
flypilotboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Never Happy

Oh, add yet another one to the list that believes that all air traffic movements are coordinated by Air Traffic Control.
Avalon Tower was active during the show as was Apron control on 120.5 and 123.9 (I think) and gave a very good indication of what was or in a lot of cases was not going to happen next. Wouldn't go to the show without my radio so I don't need it over the PA.

MickK, I think you are a bit of a dreamer. Although, I do agree with some of your suggestions. The trade days are there for a reason, to keep the general public out! As someone correctly pointed out it is so that those that have a serious interest in aviation can talk seriously to suppliers / dealers without having to deal with the arm chair experts and knobs that attend on the public days. It is a trade show then an airshow!

As for the spotters not being able to get a good shot and wanting their own area well I can't say on here what I think of most spotters (I said most for a reason, not all).

I think the organisers need to have a look at other airshows around the world and learn from them which I am sure they already do.

Last edited by flypilotboy; 18th Mar 2009 at 08:49.