PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2009, 18:04
wings folded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maximum

I accept your "good natured" way, but I did, I think, indicate what my credentials (or lack of) were.

You are, however, a bit harsh to say that I have no understanding of SOPs, and then wheel out a lot of examples, most if not all of which I would not hesitate one instant to classify as being on the "technical" side of things. (Gear up... undercarriage up ... retract gear - these for me are technical issues

When I flew as student PPL I was a bit of a stickler for proper RT procedure for example. My instructor was kind enough to remark upon it more than once.

All of your examples have to do with safety in flight or on the ground, unambiguous commands and so forth. I agree totally with your examples within my limited knowledge.

It is not so long ago that I was often invited into the cockpit, when it was "allowed", and so were others. I am nostalgic.

I would simply be interested to know whether flight safety was compromised by this Captain's actions.

I do not carry any baggage to do with the personality of the individual, or anybody who might behave similarly