PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLMuk trouble at mill!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2002, 13:06
ooizcalling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to put the record straight !

I find a lot in Long Hauls post that angers me. To give an example;

Re the students ".... who graduated around 1996. At that time the best students of each class were offered places at KLM and the rest at KLC or other airlines" .

Note the 'Put Down' of KLC and Other Airlines ! Pathetic ! (KLMuk and Buzz, I guess you would qualify for 'other' here !)

Here's an alternative story. Similar time period. At the time the students graduated there were no jobs available. Then 'cityhopper' required some pilots. The best of the group were offered the available positions. About nine months later, those that were unsuccessfull with the cityhopper recruitment were recruited directly into KLM when KLM mainline started recuiting again.

Now, when the group that were recruited FIRST by KLM into the 'cityhopper' division finish their 6 years in KLC and are eligible to move across to one of the other 'mainline' divisions, quess what ? They will have to lose half there seniority in the move, ending up 3 years further down the list from those recruited from their same class but almost a year later than them !

If that's not discrimination, what is ? And it continues NOW, so be careful you guy's and gals in the UK. Despite some very promising posts in this thread this is the sort of mentality you'll have to deal with when dealing with the VNV.