PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 15th Mar 2009, 03:11
mercw123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singaporeans

If you don't have the min requirements set out by SQ (Preferbly a degree and Physics & Maths at O levels), I suggest you forget about flying in S'pore. Don't waste your time and money unless you have around 300-400K to play around with. In S'pore the resources are very limited besides the airlines. Forget about instructing in S'porean flying clubs(The jobs already been taken by some grandfathers). Charter & private companies rather hire foreigners than locals. You can get a CPL licence from overseas and work as an instructor for a short period of time or so (for exmple in Australia). But you'll be paid peanuts anyway.

My advice to wannabe pilots, if you want to fly, get a PPL 1st. Career wise....thats another thing altogether. The 'risk factor' of not getting employed after spending 200-300k is VERY high. Think over it well. Some boyhood dreams just aren't worht it.

I'm a Singaporean instructor currently working in a Malaysian flying school. Take my advice mates.