PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 14th Mar 2009, 22:04
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
Phantasm, I leave it to the Government and the flying schools to put a positive spin on things. Something they're very skilled at.

I don't for one second buy this bull5h1t that we're talking ourselves into a recession and that all we need is love/confidence/quantatative easing. This is a depression. Its causes are massive imbalances in trade and living standards and the only inevitable solution is a lowering of living standards in the West, reduced consumption and the end of fairytale economics where we all got rich selling houses to each other. Those days are gone, they're not coming back and the airline industry they supported will have to whither and contract. It will. It is.

Like you I too am very very fortunate. Great job, home, wife and soon to be family. I've everything to be grateful and happy about and I am. But. I see the world as it really is with an insight of my own formed from my own research. Its how I called a house price crash, a recession and monetary crisis right here on these pages months or years before they happened. Airlines, big 'uns, on these shores will go bust. Pilots will be flipping burgers. It will be horrendous for Wannabes.

Its an ocean of depression true enough. Its your choice whether you dive in or not. Many are. <shrug>