PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 19:30
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I said, I think there are a few 'posers' here.

Anyway, these idiotic cockpit cowboys who have their own rules are fortunately nearing extinction.

Don't know how the tribunals tend in the UK but in my experience the arbitration hearings in the U.S. give the union-represented pilot a very good chance of keeping a job except in the most egregious cases. Of course, sometimes the person fired is empowered when they are returned to work and the second time around the company has their ducks in a row and the termination is made permanent after a subsequent offense.

I've seen folks like Pablo time and time again over the years. They are God's Gift to Aviation, geniuses compared to those fools in management, in their own minds anyway. They get on the union forum, pound their chest like Magilla Gorilla and push the envelope with the company every chance they get. After ignoring repeated verbal and written warnings, they are terminated and squeal like stuck pigs. The union goes out, spends large amounts of money and time on lawyers and hearings and sometimes cuts a quiet deal to get the pilot back on the property to start the cycle anew.

Last edited by Airbubba; 15th Mar 2009 at 04:20.