PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks ...
Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2002, 09:45
Al E. Vator

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
um....411A dear chap. Have watched your contributions with some merriment for a while now. May I suggest your criticisms of others as illinformend are as relevant to your good self?

First of all you criticised the AoA "Come to think of it, that's all the AOA has...dreams"...forgive me for not being fully up with your movements, but weren't you going to set up some big Tristar operation ex HKG. How's that going?

Your comments re CX being an old boys club are wrong. Trust me on this, they are trying desparately to recruit locals but the candidates just aren't there. They would love to crew their fleet with locals but very few individuals in Hong Kong (locals) are interested in lowly paid jobs such as aircrew. Stockbroking, Medicine yes indeed but flying is not an interest generally. Another big problem is the disruption to family life - a big negative for the locals. The locals that are in CX are great guys/gals and it would be nice to have more but the proble is categorically supply-based, so you are way off the mark.

Finally, Dragon Air are in essence the same as CX. Different (lower) payscales than even CX B-Scale, moderately better morale but rotten destinations. Similar problems with trying to recruit locally. Locals within the airline are great but even fewer want to fly for Dragon when they could chose the 'heavy metal at Cathay.

So all in all, I would have to say sir, your frequent posts contain nearly all of the errors you so venomously attack others for. It is a little hard to take you very seriously.
============
PS: I don't work for Cathay, I'm not a member of the AoA and I ain't one of your loathed goddamned Limeys that seem to cause you so much angst