PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2009, 07:17
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd go for Pablo every time, even the SLF would !
Umm, no I don't think I would actually.

I remember him from coverage of GW1 where his public behaviour was exactly that required by a news hungry press for the "folk's back home".
His public persona (don't know about his private one) was that of a warrior ready to take the battle to the enemy. Good stuff from a fighter pilot.

However, as SLF on a simple commercial airline, I'm pretty sure that my fellow passengers want to know that there is a calm, cool team player up the front. I don't want a maverick who's going to break the rules because he thinks they're wrong.

Whilst all of us wish to spout forth anger at the security procedeures we find ourselves having to put up with, or want to visit the flight deck as we could in "the old days", we can't and we just have to put up with it for the time being.

When the going gets tough, we want Burkill's and Sullenberger's up the front and not pilot's who are going to strip to their underwear in a hissy fit.

Seems to me that Mr Mason would be happiest doing a flying job with a bit of an edge to it. I'm sure there are a few companies flying freight into the Middle East who could use his services.