PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't get sick at EK
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 06:42
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is being overlooked here again as usual is safety. You may well get those amongst us that are intimidated, and are really sick. The net result is to operate when actually unfit ( hey a senior F/O up for command wont want to compromise things now would he).

Reminds me of a flight I did when a memeber of the cabin crew told me just after airborne she was feeling a little ill. The net result is she was stood down for the remainder of the flight. She told me that she did not want to be marked absent , in addition she felt that its easier for the doctor to come visit her in the comfort of her hotel room than to go through the painfull process of trying to book an appointment at the clinic / be marked absent/ disciplinary etc.

You can say what you like if you intimidate then people will think around your rule.

Lets see " should I be marked absent / face a disciplinary / have my roster adjusted ad hoc / try to get an appointment at the clinic / go through all the traffic to the said appointment etc etc. " or ' should I get ill on board , now covered by industrial sickness programm , get to the hotel and have a doctor come visit me in my hotel room , heck I can even choose to do this at a really nice destination where I get the best medical care and extend my layover. "

All good and well , but what if the condition is slightly worse than a stomach bug. Lets say its a pending apppendix problem. They choose to fly as they are scared. Half way to Perth ( boom) . sorry for you !!!!

Now management have blood on their hands !!!!