PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific
Thread: Cebu Pacific
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 01:42
whitebugplusten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
north

sir, i speak out of my first hand experience with the chief. maybe so do you, i would not know... if the chief failed you, or someone you hold dear, in your training, then i feel sorry for you. but i'm sure he did it with good reason.
the chief actually did not release me on my first check ride, it was a "lousy" crosswind landing and i didn't recognize that i was above the glide slope. i admit this and he wrote it on my grade slip. he also briefed the tri i was to fly with regarding my deficiencies prior to my re-check. when he briefed the tri about my deficiencies i was not there, the tri just told me. did the chief talk behind my back, i guess he did but that's what instructors do. instructors brief each other on their students' progress,weaknesses, and "dangerous characteristics". i eventually got my recheck and passed, got an s+ and i'm happy as a puppy!
i was a former fi over at the bay area and every friday afternoon us instructors would go to our watering hole and talk about our students. we discussed their progress,weaknesses, and "dangerous characteristics". did we speak behind their backs? WE SURE DID! it's not easy being an fi, everyday we put our licenses on ther line, you never know if the guy in the other seat is gonna kill you.
we had this one guy who was a great hand flyer but just couldn't do ifr, and he had an "attitude problem" because he would never admit it. i never released him but he somehow manage to get an faa checkairman to sign him off...a few months later on a foggy afternoon, this same guy winds up on the side of mount diablo. i feel sorry for him but he was a complete idiot.
in the atr we got 72 souls at the back, on the bus, double that. if a tri will not trust his family with you then he will not release you for solo, less he have sleepless nights...

now i think i'm entitled to a few questions...you definitely are not from the atr div, the chief has not flunked anyone ...yet. airbus? but he has not flown the bus in more than a year...anyone fail in the bus recently?

Last edited by whitebugplusten; 13th Mar 2009 at 01:44. Reason: typo