PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason (Spelled M.A.S.O.N) Tribunal
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 20:58
morton

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Getting back to the subject - which has drifted off to cockpit access - inbetween the rants and the pops! .… who should you let ride on the jump seat? Who can you trust? As a staff member the jump seat has helped me get back from places I would otherwise be stuck at for longer than I wanted. Now I can only use the seat if it is duty travel. The following summary happened back in 1994 or 95 but it took 9/11 before a common policy was introduced. Even so, this common policy was/is aimed at ‘unknowns’ and not ‘knowns’ (if there is such a word!). The Pilot was dead - heading on the jump seat so, should even those on duty travel be denied cockpit access?

“A jury rejected an insanity defense yesterday and convicted a former Federal Express pilot of attacking the crew of a FedEx jet with a hammer and spear gun at 18,000 feet.
Auburn Calloway, 42, could get 20 years to life in prison for attempted air piracy. No date was set for sentencing.
Witnesses said Calloway feared he was about to be fired, and Assistant U.S. Attorney John Fowlkes told the jury he may have wanted to crash the plane so his children could collect a $250,000 accidental-death insurance policy.”