PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering NAS/NJME
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2009, 18:09
TWOTBAGS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kent BeTrue..... yes you are correct, 100% correct

"Believe me when they smell blood in the water you don't want to be there." So what you're saying is they rule with an iron fist and by fear? If so, how archaic.

Absolutely not, the changes happening now are long overdue and very welcomed by the majority of us down here, but if you try and sneak one bit of B/S by them .......... you are out and deservedly.

They have one of the best open door policies I have ever operated, before there were no post holders, now there are.

We have fleet managers, who are there to filter, and a CP & a DP all who in my experience answer the phone when you call (not that I need to) when available. Even out of the 10am meeting the only time you cant get them, is when they are in the pointy end themselves.

Makes a very welcome change.

I have to say that you may have interviewed for a DE position, but it is NJ policy... "NOW" that everyone goes into the right seat for inspection.

This has come about by the occurrence of issues that have appeared as crews have checked to line. This has not been limited to any particular group of people however some are not cutting the mustard as expected.

The new CP has raised the bar and rightly so, there are no more easy rides.

You know your stuff or you dont, if you cant poop get off the pot.

If you believe the goal posts have been moved thats one thing, we see the bar being raised. NJME now is not the NJME of 5 or even 2 years ago.

The place is in my view changed, and for the good of everyone.