PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - France rejoin NATO?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 22:54
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
France...

When it comes to anti-French, anti-UK, anti-USA "popular antics" I wish that people would educate theirselves.
xxx
About France, and white flags...?
(1) Remember World War I (1914-1918) - The French fought valiantly.
(2) World War II (1939-1945) - yes, they surrendered in June 1940... but their "Resistance" against Nazis was the most effective of Western Europe. They bought havoc to their railroads tracks and bridges used for Nazi logistics. They helped thousands of downed aircrews to escape/return to UK.
(3) Their armed forces took active part to 1944 D Day for the liberation of France.
(4) They received very little help in Indochina (1954). Was it an excuse for US to make their Vietnam War ten years later...?
(5) Yet they took part as NATO member, to the Korean War (1950-1953). France was to the side of UK, for the Suez Canal (1956).
(6) Asking help again (1958) for Algeria (then a French Metropole Province) they received NO help, paving the way for DeGaulle's anti-US attitude.
(7) If DeGaulle policies had continued, UK would never been part of EU.
(8) The French always liked Americans, at worst they question US politics. I think UK does it too.
(9) Sarkozy is strongly pro-US, pro-UK and pro-NATO politician. Their forces are in Afghanistan NOW.
xxx
So criticize France... Shows you to be poorly informed about that nation.
They still put flowers to the military cemeteries in Flanders, and Normandy.
And yes, I like French cheeses and French wines...
xxx

Happy contrails

Last edited by BelArgUSA; 12th Mar 2009 at 11:40. Reason: date change typo 1958/1956