PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM... Are you happy?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 08:27
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a disturbing thought afoot at CRM actually means 'don't ask me to do arsy jobs please, you have to share them yourself too, and especially don't ask me to do something when I am busy please!'. There must be one boss- that is why a bad aeroplane to fly in is one with 2 Captains on board for whatever reason. Normal operations have a Captain and Copilot, not '2 pilots'. Being in command, you have the option to change the operation as you see fit to account for the operation on the day, fully expecting to have to justify that decision later to the FM. But, as a copilot, you are pretty far down the food chain, and you have a responsibility to support the Boss to your best ability, bearing in mind you may be required to account for your actions later too. For a surprising number of copilots this can be read as 'you will do it the way I see fit only'. It's a subtle difference, but when you understand properly what your task actually is, you will be a happier flyer, get on better with the boss, and you will learn more by seeing a wide spectrum of 'how to do things'. I learnt a lot by seeing different styles of operation. They are not doing it just to tick you off. Learn by it, don't just sit there with an uncooperative, resentful attitude, and you will be happier.