PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA and the DC-9
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 05:29
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh, things are so different. I had a drink with a ex F/E in SYD the other day and he reminded me of a time when we were flying a 727 from PER/SYD, it was the dreaded red eye of course, and at 0200 some little tacker was driving everyone nuts, his parents included, who were obviously worn out, the F/E was taking a stroll, and being a dad many times over, he picked up the little bloke and brought him up to the flight deck, where the little bloke (wearing my hat) happily played with pencils and paper, shared our tucker, and was more than happy to look out the window, peace was restored and a grateful young dad came to get him after at least getting a small amount of shuteye. Forward to now. PHEDOPHILE PILOTS the headlines would scream, DNA was taken from all three crew members, when a 3 year old child was found on the flight deck of a TAA airliner, the parents were shocked that their child was found in such a dangerous situation, and the three crew members have been interviewed by Federal Police. Slater and Gordon are now suing the Airline for distress caused to the parents. Sad isn't it. Three blokes all dads, (we counted 11 rug rats between us) all who would prefer to slit their own throats than touch a child, would suddenly become sus. Well give me nostalga anytime, and to read these postings makes you wish you could freeze time and go back to a more innocent age, when blokes were blokes and women were women, and you could kick your kid up the ar#e if need be. Remember when as a kid you always had skinned knees from falling out of trees etc, when was the last time you saw a kid with skinned knees? Doesn't happen in front of a computer, just your brain gets scrambled, anyway no more,I will upset Obie. By the way the situation of the "present", was invented by the F/E and myself as a possible senario, after we "kidnapped" the above kid and hopefully would not happen, but then no pilot would dare to take someones kid on the flightdeck today anyway!