PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorcycles and UAE
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 03:21
fatigueflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my five cents worth. Have two bikes, one for the road and one for the desert. Off road bikes are great and you only have yourself to blame if you come a cropper in them there dunes. As for the road, LR3 is right in saying that its a bit dangerous but for me, it beats the sh1t out of waiting in a traffic jam which is very frustrating. I use the road bike to get to places like the company HQ which is located right in the middle of a traffic war zone, going to other places in the city or other hard to park places. You do get used to the crazy driving but ride aggressively rather than defensively!! After a while you will be filtering through city and highway traffic without too many problems. One piece of advice though.....don't buy a big bike for the road as they do not filter well, is heavy to steer around traffic and hard to get up and down pavements! Ideal bike would be something like a Kawasaki Z750/Z1000 or KLR650, a super motard KTM or Yamaha Fazer 600 or 1000. Good luck and be safe.