PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 20:20
transoratia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The article can be read by anyone. I have no interest to make something up SnowFalcon2.
In the article, there is a lot written that has already been hashed and rehashed here. I am too lazy to repeat all that.
I have just picked out of the article what I believed was new information (and I have read all 2000 posts).

The sentence "Det er allerede fastslået ved den hollandske havarikommisions indledende undersøgelser, at denne højdemåler sendte et forkert signal til autopiloten, som selv styrede flyet ned mod landingsbanen, mens de to piloter var optaget af en samtale." translates to:
"It has already been established by the Dutch accident commission's (DSB) initial investigations that this altimeter has sent a wrong signal to the autopilot (!) which steered the plane down towards the runway while the pilots were busy with a conversation."
I take that to be the interpretation of the journalist and not necessarily the exact situation on the flight deck.
However, I take exception to the statement that I am making things up or translate incorrectly.
Link: Groft sjusk med fly-logbøger var årsag til flystyrt i Amsterdam | Ingeniøren

Last edited by transoratia; 9th Mar 2009 at 20:34. Reason: added link