PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2009, 10:20
marlowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100above, Cityflyer have been in a unique position the last 2 years, in that they have almost been a holding company for BAs plans for LCY and really havent had to concentrate on making a profit because what BA wanted was to establish a better presence at LCY. Now what of the future? Well it would have been easy for BA to have let the LCY operation go to Flybe 2 years ago with BACON but they didnt, also with the currant economic climate it would also have been easy to have shut Cityflyer once the RJs reverted back to mainline under the scope agreement in 2010 but they havent, what you have is an investment of new equipment. Now BA did not just aquire a new fleet of aircraft without having a plan for this investment, and you cant tell me that the economic downturn was not foreseen by a company as large as BA, and yet they still went ahead with a new fleet for BAcityflyer so there must be a master plan somewhere what it is well who knows? I think that the Cityflyer you see today with its route structure is not the Cityflyer you may see in the future once the E jets are online.