PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 18:35
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To deltayankee regarding car on cruise : Reminds me that when you have cruise on in your car set to say 75mph and you punch the gas pedal to pass and go past 75 and then you may want to drop speed below 75 as you tuck in behind that truck but the cruise keeps you at 75 and this could cause momentary confusion while you are watching out for traffic. Could it be that having half auto and half manual control of a moving vehicle leads to confusion if your attention is on something else? I guess more training would help in this regard. But it must be more complex when some systems are set to do certain things when you do something manually and you forget that it will do that.

IN Congonhas (and a few other similar incidents) the crew forgot to bring both TL to idle on touchdown (their minds were on other seemingly more pressing watch out factors ) and thus the machine ,by design didn't know they intended to come to a complete stop and didn't allow all its systems towards that end.

To BOAC thanks. What is your take on the Ci676 stall and non-recovery on Feb 16,1998 at CKS on an A300-600? Seems to me they didn't watch their speed on approach and got into a stall they shouldn't have and then fiddled with the configuration and went to max thrust but didn't watch the nose. One wing dropped and then confusion reigned all the way to the ground. A possibly faulty altimeter apparently got them 1000 feet too high on the glide slope and the subsequent go around was mis-handled? I take it that they should've left the configuration for the moment, BUILT SPEED and watch the nose to get out?

What lessons can be applied to this latest stall/crash?

AG RVS - The Crash of Flight CI676

Please scroll down in the link to the timeline. Thanks again.