PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2009, 15:39
Paladini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JUMBOLLOYD........ I revel in informing you, but "IF" YOU were given an early command in AAI...YOU are a most likely a certifiable Tw*t and AAI seriously overestimated your potential. I have seen this happen many times before in AAI, and know wherefore I speak, so please don't feel I am singling you out in any way...you're not THAT special. I know who you are from your comments....... my humble, and honest, sentiments are only a reflection of the feelings of your colleagues who have had to pull YOUR weight on numerous occasions. That being said, I hope you are able to meet your financial commitments until you find a real job.

"Wonderful benefits"????? What have you been smoking???? Contractors at AAI have been screwed progressively since I joined, well before you were flying ANYTHING with turbines or turboprops. We fought for 6/2 rosters....we fought for FBC's, only to have hem snatched away because of FIA/FFF demands. The Icelandic banking crisis is only a pretense, this has been planned by the venerable "Federation of Flying Fish" for yonks.

Helgi and Hannes should be really ashamed at what they have allowed them to get away with. I don't know for certain what pressures have been brought to bear by the Icelandic Government, and don't really care, but running a business at the whim of a bunch of pedantic primadonnas is a certain path to extinction. Arngrimmur would NEVER have let this happen. If ANI had not been usurped by TM and KN, I'm certain HE would have tried to talk some sense into Hannes and Helgi. To be fair, Trausti would probably also not have let this pass without acting on the courage of his convictions. Not so, for the erstwhile simulator technician currently in charge.

The current problems in KL are also echoed in JED, AMS and BRU .... Icelandic crews refusing to fly rostered sectors, refusing charters...all stuff that could keep AAI afloat... and possibly open up return of "productive" ex-pat crews. The Ice-kaffers are treating their new bases as spring-boards for extended vacations. They have no compunctions of guilt or feelings of shame for what they have done....... After all, they are the Master Race. I am just glad that I have a firm position now, that will NOT be available when AAI folds and they hit the streets looking for jobs. They are getting a taste now, by parking one of the MAS Kargo airplanes in TAS. How will they decide which crews have to leave KUL?

With a few exceptions, I will reserve any positive feed-back to my current employer (or anyone else for that matter) for ANY Icelander in need of a job. Collectively, we have been treated like something to be wiped from one's shoe. Payback is a Muther ! Be prepared ! Some of us ARE appreciated by our new bosses. Believe me, they will not find it as easy to find a new job as it was to screw us out of our livelihoods. Good old Ricardo Montalban expressed it concisely in "Wrath of Khan".... ..."Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Have a very, very nice day ....... Perhaps you should stay under your rock.

FOR ZNOTE: "Carpe Diem"..... find a job, and don't worry about AAI.... it's soon to go the way of Branniff.

FOR 747JJ: Have a great time in MOW.... remember, they don't like Scandi-nubian, or Finnish, Captains in Chesterfields !! heh heh....I know you'll get in anyway, just keep a low profile, OK, Janne?

Hope all of the recently "rooted" find jobs soon. Best pay back is NOT to be available when the AAI slime crawls back to you with the 90% contract.

Cheers

Last edited by Paladini; 8th Mar 2009 at 15:47. Reason: small spelling error