PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar its all about choice, well sort of..
Old 8th Mar 2009, 06:17
uratool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar its all about choice, well sort of..

Well Jetstars its now March and its all quiet. Or is it JPA?

For mine, there seems to be a distinct last of interest from the more senior crews at Jetstar to move across to the NZ operation or anywhere else for that matter. To the point where its stating to cause managment some indigestion.

To try to ease the pain..... rather than take some Mylanta I suspect the proverbial atomic bomb maybe about to be dropped on the boys and girls in the Southern Jetstar bases to encourage some of those happy smiling Jetstar TV "choices" to be made.

Heres a theory......

First of all to achieve the correct result (choices) it will necessitate the "re-allocation of assets". Has anyone heard that Melbourne base is going to loose an aircraft??.....Hmmm if it did the base would be over crewed..right?? (work with me here a little)

Next.....Say that Hobart and Avalon then also had their "assets re-allocated"...Well possible maybe even probable.....(Now we're getting somewhere)

All of a sudden Jetstar have no base in either Hobart or Avalon + excess crew in Melbourne by a few.

NZ crewing issure resolved because the Boys and Girls at happy smiling Jetstar its all about "choice" (TV ad not my words), now get to make a "choice". Obviously Melbourne would be/is mostly the preferred "choice" but thats not an available "choice" anymore because itself has excess crew. Boys and Girls you're "choice" is now Auckland or may I say it Darwin....That is if you still want a job.

I maybe wrong but I'm sure someone out there knows something in regards to this.........

I just hope those eunuchs that call themselves the JPA remember who they actually represent! (Thats crew not management in case you HAVE actually forgotten). I suspect the the time to stand and be counted is approaching JPA; EVERYONE in the pilot community is watching you.

Now I'm going to grab a drink, a packet of crisps (paid for of course)and sit back and watch cause this is going to get very interesting.......

Oh, and before all the bash the posted messages come in......remember its not me who's standing behind making you weak at the knees if you get my drift..